W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > June 2004

[Agenda] 28 June 2004 TAG teleconf (LC reviews)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:26:30 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1088097990.6783.37.camel@seabright>
Hello,

The agenda for the TAG's 28 June 2004 teleconf is available
as HTML [1] and as text below.

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/06/28-tag.html
===========================================================

                   Agenda of 28 June 2004 TAG teleconference

1. Administrative

    1. Roll call. Regrets: TBL, SW, IJ
    2. Accept the [8]minutes of the 14 June teleconf?
    3. Accept this [9]agenda?
    4. Next meeting: 12 July. Likely regrets: TBL. Possible regrets from
       IJ.
    5. Action TBL 2004/05/12: Talk to TB and DO about editor role.
       ([10]Proposal from SW that this is done).
       SW: Ack of continuing involvement/editing in some forum?
    6. IJ to be acting W3C Head of Communications 1 July. IJ expects to
       help NW with editing, but otherwise setting low expectations for
       TAG participation during the summer and early fall.

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2004/06/14-tag-summary.html
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2004/06/14-tag.html
     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Jun/0071.html

  1.1 Meeting schedule

   Action TAG 2004/06/07: Send summer regrets to TAG list.
    1. AC meeting [11]rescheduled for 2-3 December. Does this affect
       whether to hold TAG ftf meeting in November?
    2. Ottawa meeting update?
         1. Action NW/PC 2004/06/14: Prepare ftf meeting agenda. See
            [12]email from Paul.
         2. Should we ask DO to attend the meeting if extensioning and
            versioning is on the agenda?

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004AprJun/0050.html
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Jun/0028.html

  1.3 TAG Charter

   Action IJ 2004/06/07: Report back on next AB meeting to discuss TAG
   charter and relation to patent policy. See [13]AB meeting summary,
   which essentially states that they think the policy applies, but no
   consensus yet on how.

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004AprJun/0066.html

2. Technical

   See also [14]open actions by owner and [15]open issues.

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?view=normal&closed=1

  2.1 xml11Names-46

   Was [16]Norm email forwarded to the XML CG?

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Jun/0004.html

  2.2 httpRange-14 status

   Action TBL/RF 2004/05/13: Write up a summary position to close
   httpRange-14, text for document.

  2.3 IRI draft status in IETF

   Action CL 2004/06/14: Draft text basd on 14 June discussion and send
   to TAG for review.

  2.4 Web Architecture Document Last Call

  2.4.1 Heartbeat Requirement

   Should we request that 8 June draft be published on the TR page?

  2.4.2 Reviews

   See the 8 [17]June 2004 Editor's Draft.
     * Action NW 2004/05/14: Propose text on tradeoffs for section 4.2.2.
     * Action CL 2004/05/14: Rewrite story at beginning of 3.3.1.
       Consider deleting para that follows last sentence third para after
       story in 3.3.1. "Note also that since dereferencing a URI (e.g.,
       using HTTP) does not involve sending a fragment identifier to a
       server or other agent, certain access methods (e.g., HTTP PUT,
       POST, and DELETE) cannot be used to interact with secondary
       resources."
     * Action TBL 2004/06/08: For issue hawke7, ask Sandro for
       clarification on whether second URI should have "#". Done: Sandro
       said that the hashes were not the point, but that the point was
       that in the context of dereferencing, it does matter which URI you
       use. Note: IJ has removed the paragraph in the 8 June draft.

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/webarch-20040608/

   Actions from 2004/06/14:
    1. DC to review section 2 of 8 June draft.
    2. PC to review sections 1, 5, and 6 of 8 June draft.
    3. CL to review section 4 of 8 June draft.
    4. SW, NW to review entire 8 June draft.

   Resources:
    1. [18]Last Call issues list ([19]sorted by section)
    2. [20]Annotated version of WebArch
    3. Archive of [21]public-webarch-comments
    4. [22]List of actions by TAG participant

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/issues.html
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/concerning.html
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/webarchWithIssues.html
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/actions_owner.html

     _________________________________________________________________

   The TAG does not expect to discuss issues below this line.

3. Status report on these findings

   See also [23]TAG findings
     * [24]abstractComponentRefs-37:
          + 30 Oct 2003 draft finding "[25]Abstract Component References"
     * [26]contentPresentation-26:
          + 30 June 2003 draft finding "[27]Separation of semantic and
            presentational markup, to the extent possible, is
            architecturally sound"
     * [28]metadataInURI-31
     * [29]siteData-36
          + "[30]There is no such thing as a Web site"

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26-20030630.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#siteData-36
     [30] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/01/08/WebSite36

4. Other action items

     * Action DC 2003/11/15: Follow up on KeepPOSTRecords with Janet Daly
       on how to raise awareness of this point (which is in CUAP).
     * Action CL 2003/10/27: Draft XML mime type thingy with Murata-san

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2004/06/24 17:12:05 $

-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

Received on Thursday, 24 June 2004 13:27:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:26 GMT