Re: What does http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP identify?

AFAIK this change was NOT instigated by the XMLP WG; IIRC it was the
Team. The first mention of it that I can find in the WG's records is
when a third party brought it up on the public list:
   http://www.w3.org/mid/028c01c3c5b8$361fbd90$6401a8c0@northgate

I'd also note that XMLP's charter itself uses /TR/SOAP/ to refer to the
SOAP 1.1 document (NOT "the latest version of SOAP."