Re: About RDDL 2.0

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:45:41 +0000
To: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

[Copy of my post on xml-dev on this subject]

I second Eric's worries -- I've been using RDDL(1) very successfully,
and am not happy with the loss of functionality in what you've
proposed for RDDL(2).

It's not obvious to me how the new proposal would work for something
as straightforward as the W3C XML Schema namespace document [1].

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.html
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk