RE: Updated finding: QNames in Content

From: Paul Cotton <pcotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:36:16 -0800
To: "Norman Walsh" <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>

I would like to suggest that we add another example of using QNames to
this finding.

The XQuery/XPath specifications [1] use QNames to identify functions in
these languages.  Since this is another example of a different use of
QNames it might be good if the finding could state that this is okay.

/paulc

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#namespace-prefixes

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com

Of
> Norman Walsh
> Sent: January 6, 2004 3:19 PM
> To: www-tag@w3.org
> Subject: Updated finding: QNames in Content
>
> Before the winter break (Happy New Year!), I took an action to revise
> the "Using Qualified Names (QNames) as Identifiers in Content"
> Finding. The editorial draft of my revisions is available now at
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids.html
>
> I've added some explicit references to C14N, DSig, and other specs
> that have experienced difficulties with QNames in content.
>
> I've also made the "Architectural Statement" at the end significantly
> more assertive. Several folks expressed concern that I was not making
> a strong enough case in the conclusion.

> --
> Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM / XML Standards Architect / Sun Microsystems,
Inc.