Re: HTTP Methods

On Feb 25, 2004, at 12:40, ext Jon Hanna wrote:

> ... I remain unconvinced of the case
> for MGET.

Can you demonstrate how the equivalent behavior can be
implemented using the existing methods without resulting
in either (a) multiple requests for each single logical
operation or (b) unintended side effects in the case of
misunderstanding between client and server, or (c) efficient
and explicit failure if the request is not understood?

I'm not religiously devoted to new methods. If there is a
way to accomplish the same results as provided by URIQA
without introducing new methods, then that would definitely
be preferable.

But I've not been able to see how it could be done.

Are you unconvinced because you know of a better way, or
simply because you don't have any acute need for the
functionality offered by URIQA?

Regards,

Patrick

--