Alternative Syntaxes and Binaries

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:48:23 -0600
To: www-tag@w3.org

Not being a TAG or W3C member, I am not sure of the status or propriety of
this request.  However, given work going on in the domain of Homeland
Security
that will use the web architecture, I would like to ask about the
relationship
of alternative syntaxes and binaries (eg, XML Binary and the work ongoing in

the W3C) to the recommendation that XML be the preferred syntax.   Some
clarification
in this area will be helpful for ongoing planning particularly responses to
Broad Area Announcements issued from the US Dept of Homeland Security.

Len Bullard
Senior Technical Consultant
Intergraph Public Safety