Re: WS-Addressing and URIs

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:58:42 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

Dan mentioned to me offline that the TAG has already had its say on this
matter when it wrote the "Identify with URIs" good practice note;

"To benefit from and increase the value of the World Wide Web, agents
should provide URIs as identifiers for resources."
  -- http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#pr-use-uris

I'm happy with that, since it clearly highlights the problem with EPRs
not being URIs.  I hope that those with visibility into the working
group chartering process take note.

So I withdraw my request that a new issue be created.  Thanks for your
time.

Mark.