Re: Arch Doc: 26 September 2003 Editor's Draft

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:08:15 -0700
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org

Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Please revert these changes -- they undo what I was trying to
> accomplish by separating the web of resources from the web of
> information retrieval actions.  Here is what I would write, taking
> into account the editorial changes suggested:

I tend to agree with Roy's comments, but have one issue with the
proposed language:

>    The World Wide Web is a networked information space consisting
>    of resources that are interconnected via hypertext links and
>    descriptive metadata.

Huh?  Resources are indeed connected by hypertext links, but *also*, you
are saying, by "descriptive metadata"?  I may not understand what you
mean but I think I disagree with what this actually says.  We could
either (a) try to find something else to say about metadata or (b) just
stop after the word "links", losing "and descriptive metadata".
--
Cheers, Tim Bray (http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/)