Re: Arch Doc: 18 Sep: abstract

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:11:15 -0700
Cc: "'noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com'" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, www-tag@w3.org
To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>

> Except, it's wrong.  The term that is used to
> to describe 'hyperlink' systems which include multiple
> formats is 'hypermedia'.

No, that term was created by folks who wanted to distinguish
links in streaming media from those in static renderings.

> This document needs a scope-limited glossary.

Sure.  Please feel free to indicate terms that can be misunderstood,
but don't ask me to find "better" terms just because they seem
unfamiliar or awkward.  "information space", for example, is a
well-understood term in hypertext research and information
retrieval/visualization.  I have seen it used at WWW, hypertext,
CHI, and software engineering conferences, and it means the same
thing for all of them.

http://www.google.com/
search?hl=en&q=hypertext+information+space&btnG=Google+Search

For example, see the second sentence in

   http://www.w3.org/Summary.html

....Roy