Re: Arch Doc: 18 Sep: abstract

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:49:35 -0400
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Roy Fielding writes:

>> The research community uses the term "hypertext"
>> to encompass allforms of interaction with
>> information through active links.

I stand corrected, thank you.  FWIW, I suspect that others outside of that
part of the Research community may pick up a connotation that is
unintended.  I think it's a reasonable misunderstanding for a novice
seeing the term "hypertext" to suspect that it in fact refers to some form
of text, and thus fails to cover linking of other sorts of information. No
need to discuss further, just take this as one bit of input and move ahead
as you see fit.  Thank you.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142