Schema component designators (re rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6, 37)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:28:18 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

In a somewhat random review of the TAG issues list,
I saw that this issue is assigned to me
  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
and that "we are awaiting input from the XML Schema WG.
See XML Schema thread on this topic." which refers
to a Dec 2002 thread, in which MSM said they'd have
a draft RSN.

Indeed, a fly-by of the tech reports index
(esp the sexy RDF-powered by WG/activity
view http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-activity)
shows...

XML Schema: Component Designators
W3C Working Draft 09 January 2003

This version:
        http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-ref-20030109/
Latest version:
        http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-ref/
Editors:
        Mary Holstege, Invited Expert <holstege@mathling.com>
        Asir S. Vedamuthu, webMethods <asirv@webmethods.com>

Copyright 2003 W3C (MIT, ERCIM, Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C
liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply.

Abstract
XML Schema: Component Designators defines a scheme for identifying the
XML Schema components specified by XML Schema Part 1: Structures and XML
Schema Part 2: Datatypes.

I haven't taken a close look yet, but I thought I should wake
up the sleeping process in any case.

I think this also bears on issue 37.

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#abstractComponentRefs-37