RE: Opacity and mailto: in conflict

Hi Norm,

Some of the wording from the metaDataInURI-31 [1] draft finding may be
useful as replacement text for 2.2: The draft finding says:

"People and software making use of URIs assigned outside of their own
authority (i.e. observers) MUST NOT attempt to infer properties of the
referenced resource except as licensed by relevant normative specifications
or by URI assignment policies published by the relevant URI assignment
authority."

I think it captures what we want to say, although some may have a problem
with the way I wrote it.

Regards

Stuart
--