Re: Requesting a revision of RFC3023

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:02:15 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: ietf-xml-mime@imc.org, WWW-Tag <www-tag@w3.org>

Bjoern Hoehrmann scripsit:

> No. I said that I consider formats that leave implementations to guess
> how to process instances of the format broken as designed. I did not
> suggest to fix them.

Okay, since this judgment has no real-world consequences I can live with it.

> And by the way, some formats you mention are binary
> and not text formats and could thus not make use of file system encoding
> information.

Which?  Programming languages, text markup languages, scripts, or
mbox-type message archives?

--
I marvel at the creature: so secret and         John Cowan
so sly as he is, to come sporting in the pool   jcowan@reutershealth.com