noodling on contentTypeOverride-29

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:54:49 -0700
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>

In partial response to

>   2.5 Finding on content type (contentTypeOverride-29)
>
>      * [35]contentTypeOverride-24: 9 July 2003 draft of [36]Client
>        handling of MIME headers
>          1. [37]Comments from Roy on charset param and [38]reply from
> TB
>          2. [39]Comments from Philipp Hoschka about usability issues
> when
>             user involved in error correction. Is there a new Voice
> spec
>             out we can point to for example behavior?
>          3. [40]Comments from Chris Lilley
>          4. Change "MIME headers" to "server metadata" in title?
>
>      [35]
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
>      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
>      [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0051.html
>      [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0056.html
>      [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0076.html
>      [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0113.html
>
>    [Ian]
>
>           IJ to RF: Could you suggest replacement text for your points?
>
>    [Roy]
>           I can suppy text

I made it through the first three sections of text to try and rephrase
the finding as applying to representation metadata and media types,
rather than MIME headers.  The results are at

    http://roy.gbiv.com/tag/respect-metadata.html
    http://roy.gbiv.com/tag/respect-metadata.xml

Note that this is not in regard to what we talked about during the
teleconference -- these changes are suggestions in regard to my other
comments on the finding, namely that it uses obsolete terminology.
We need to go further and state that FTP does not have such metadata,
but I've run out of time for tonight.

....Roy