W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2003

[Agenda] 3 Nov 2003 TAG teleconf (action item review, syntax-based interop)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 17:07:56 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1067551675.1107.377.camel@seabright>
Hello,

The agenda for the TAG's 3 Nov 2003 teleconf is available
as HTML and as text below.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/11/03-tag

========================================================

                 Agenda of 3 November 2003 TAG teleconference

1. Administrative (15min)

    1. Welcome, Roll Call. Tentative regrets: TBL, NW, PC.
    2. Accept the minutes of the [8]27 Oct teleconference?
    3. Accept this [9]agenda?
    4. Next meeting: 10 Nov 2003 teleconference

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2003/10/27-tag-summary.html
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2003/11/03-tag.html

   Upcoming meeting topics:
     * 27 Oct:
          + Draft finding from NW and DO: [10]Versioning XML Languages,
            18 Sep draft. What to include in arch doc?
          + Discuss AC meeting presentation
     * 10 Nov: Last meeting to review Arch Doc with possibility of action
       items

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning

  1.1 TAG update at Nov 2003 AC meeting.

    1. Action CL 2003/10/27: incorporate input on AC slides and produce
       another draft. ETA: Wedss

  1.2 TAG Nov face-to-face meeting agenda

    1. [11]Meeting page

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2003/11/15-tag-mtg.html

2. Technical (75min)

    1. Review of 3023-related actions
    2. Review of Architecture Document writing assignments
    3. XML Versioning
    4. Syntax-based interoperability
    5. deepLinking-25

  2.1 Review of 3023-related actions

   Action CL 2003/10/27: Draft XML mime type thingy with Murata-san.

   Actions 2003/10/08: (are these completed?)
    1. NW to liaise with Paul Grosso and the XML Core WG
    2. TBL and DC to liaise with the IETF regarding obsoleting RFC 3023.
    3. TB to talk to authors of 3023 about inclusion as appendix in xml
       1.1.
    4. TBL and DC will talk to the Architecture Domain Lead.

  2.2 Review of Architecture Document writing assignments

   Comments on [12]27 Oct 2003 WD of the Arch Doc?

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/webarch-20031027/

   Recent action items:

   TimBray

         1. Completed action TB 2003/10/08: Write up a paragraph for
            section 3 on syntax-based interoperability. ([13]done). See
            also [14]comments from Mike Champion
         2. Completed action TB 2003/10/08: Write a paragraph of
            rationale for why error handling good in the context of the
            Web. ([15]done)
         3. Completed action TB 2003/10/08: Propose a revised paragraph
            to replace the "Furthermore" sentence in section 2.3
            ([16]done)

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0036.html
     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0084.html
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0037.html
     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0038.html

   Ian

         1. Completed action IJ 2003/10/08: Add ed note to abstract that
            the abstract will be rewritten.
         2. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Starting from DO's diagram, create a
            diagram where the relationships and terms are linked back to
            the context where defined. Ensure that the relationships are
            in fact used in the narrative; any gaps identified? With DO,
            work on term relationship diagram.
         3. Completed action IJ 2003/10/08: Draft good practice note for
            4.4.
         4. Completed action IJ 2003/10/08: In 2.4, add story that shows
            how two classes of error can arise (inconsistency v. no frag
            id semantics defined). Frame story in terms of secondary
            resources.
         5. Completed action IJ 2003/10/08: Split persistency section
            into two and move http redirection para there, with
            appropriate rewrites.
         6. Completed action IJ 2003/10/08: Update OWL ref since in CR
         7. Completed action IJ 2003/10/08: Add a future work section for
            identifiers that the TAG expects to summarize various URI
            schemes and what agents can infer from the scheme.

   David

         1. Completed action DO,NW 2003/10/08: Make the summary to
            replace 4.5 Extensibility and Versioning in the arch doc
            ([17]done)

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0137.html

   Chris

         1. Action CL 2003/07/21: Discuss and propose improved wording of
            language regarding SVG spec in bulleted list in 2.5.1.

   Norm

         1. Completed action NW 2003/10/08: Write up text on information
            hiding/abstraction respect for before 2/3/4. ([18]done)
         2. Action NW 2003/10/08: Revise QName finding. We will also add
            those two good practice notes to section 2:
              1. If you use Qnames, provide a mapping to URIs.
              2. Don't define an attribute that can take either a URI or
                 a Qname since they are not syntactically
                 distinguishable."
         3. Completed action NW 2003/10/08: Rewrite the last paragraph of
            4.9.2 to be less inflammatory about DTDs ([19]done)
         4. Completed action NW 2003/10/08: Massage three paragraphs
            following good practice note about persistency at beginning
            of 2.6. ([20]done)

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0042.html
     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0043.html
     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0047.html

   Roy

         1. Action RF 2003/10/08: Explain "identifies" in RFC 2396.

   TBL

         1. Action TBL 2003/07/14: Suggest changes to section about
            extensibility related to "when to tunnel".

   DC

         1. Action DC 2003/07/21: Propose language for section 2.8.5
            showing examples of freenet and other systems. Progress; see
            [21]URISchemes/freenet

     [21] http://esw.w3.org/topic/UriSchemes_2ffreenet

  2.3 XML Versioning

   Current draft is [22]3 Oct 2003 finding
    1. Proposed: Add an issue to the TAG issues list: XMLVersioning-41 to
       help track this.
    2. Publication of which draft as draft finding?

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-20031003

  2.4 Syntax-based interoperability

    1. Long thread starting with [23]proposal from TB
    2. See tentative text in section 1.2.4 of 27 Oct draft. Needs review

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/0036.html

  2.5 Deep-linking 25

     * [24]deepLinking-25
         1. Action IJ 2003/09/15: Take back to Comm Team publicity of
            this finding.
            IJ: Janet Daly suggested that if we want publicity, we should
            publish as a Working Group Note.

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#deepLinking-25

     _________________________________________________________________

   The TAG does not expect to cover these issues

  2.5 Findings

   See also [25]TAG findings home page.
     * [26]whenToUseGet-7: Finding: [27]URIs, Addressability, and the use
       of HTTP GET and POST
     * [28]contentPresentation-26: Draft finding: [29]Separation of
       semantic and presentational markup, to the extent possible, is
       architecturally sound
     * [30]contentTypeOverride-24: 9 July 2003 draft of [31]Client
       handling of MIME headers
         1. Completed action RF 2003/09/15: Proposed substitute text in
            light of [32]previous comments on charset param. ([33]Done)
         2. [34]Comments from Philipp Hoschka about usability issues when
            user involved in error correction. Is there a new Voice spec
            out we can point to for example behavior?
         3. [35]Comments from Chris Lilley
         4. Lots of [36]comments from Martin Duerst
     * [37]metadataInURI-31

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings/
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#whenToUseGet-7
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/whenToUseGet-20030922
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26-20030630.html
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0051.html
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Sep/0043.html
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0076.html
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0113.html
     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Sep/0108.html
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31

    2.2.1 Expected new findings

     * [38]siteData-36
     * [39]abstractComponentRefs-37

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#siteData-36
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#abstractComponentRefs-37

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2003/10/30 21:53:23 $


-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

Received on Thursday, 30 October 2003 17:09:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:22 GMT