RE: Proposed restatement of syntax-based interoperability princi ple ( was RE: Action item on syntax-based interoperability)

I just waded through this thread catching-up.

I'm OK with Dan's suggestion as well. I think it all comes close to
concluding that "message/format syntax and semantics" aid interoperability -
while API's (and API semantics) aid portability.

[BTW - Protocol in the sense of sequencing constraints applies to both
on-the-wire exchanges and API invocations.]

Cheers,

Stuart