Re: Proposed restatement of syntax-based interoperability principle ( was RE: Action item on syntax-based interoperability)

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:30:04 -0800
Cc: www-tag@w3.org, "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Oct 27, 2003, at 2:09 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Let's see what happens if I mix that with
> the text Bray offered Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:26:14 -0700
> and salt to taste:

I'm OK with the thrust of Dan's comments.  The last sentence "Web
architecture has been successful in focusing on concrete syntax and
protocols shared between Agents" is a bit fluffy, being successful in
focusing on this well so what.  I'd be OK with a statement that web
arch has been successful because of focusing on this stuff, or
alternately just a statement of fact that web arch has focused on it.
-Tim