Re: [Minutes] 20 Oct 2003 TAG teleconf (abstractComponentRefs-37, URI Syntax, RFC 3023)

From: MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:24:33 +0900
To: www-tag@w3.org

I wrote:

	The outcome is not clear yet, but I think that we can make
	some progress.  We can deprecate text/xml.  The use of the
	charset parameter of application/xml is recommended if and
	only if the value is correct.

In the XML CG telecon, Chris correctly said

	...Editors have been contacted and are agreeable....

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/2003Oct/0021.html

Thus, the minutes of the TAG is a surprise to me.

I do not know what will the planned I-D say.  If it says "Use the
charset parameter only if it is absolutely correct" and change
"STRONGLY RECOMMENDED" to "RECOMMENDED", then I agree and suppose that
nobody disagree.  If it drops the charset parameter, I think that the
TAG is running the risk of ignoring the I18N WG and the IETF-XML-MIME ML,
and breaking implementations of SOAP.

Regards,

--
MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>