Re: [Minutes] 20 Oct 2003 TAG teleconf (abstractComponentRefs-37, URI Syntax, RFC 3023)

From: MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:24:33 +0900
To: www-tag@w3.org

I wrote:

	The outcome is not clear yet, but I think that we can make
	some progress.  We can deprecate text/xml.  The use of the
	charset parameter of application/xml is recommended if and
	only if the value is correct.

In the XML CG telecon, Chris correctly said

	...Editors have been contacted and are agreeable....

Thus, the minutes of the TAG is a surprise to me.

I do not know what will the planned I-D say.  If it says "Use the
charset parameter only if it is absolutely correct" and change
"STRONGLY RECOMMENDED" to "RECOMMENDED", then I agree and suppose that
nobody disagree.  If it drops the charset parameter, I think that the
TAG is running the risk of ignoring the I18N WG and the IETF-XML-MIME ML,
and breaking implementations of SOAP.

MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>