RE: Action item on syntax-based interoperability

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:05:48 -0700
To: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>, "Tyler Close" <tyler@waterken.com>, "Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>

> XInclude is another effort that's been excessively hindered by
> defining itself in terms of infoset rather than syntax. It enables

Are you saying that people found it difficult to understand or implement
XInclude because of basis in infoset?  If so, I would say that
observation does not apply to us, nor to the guys who did XInclude.NET.
The spec was not all that bad, and if anything the potential confusing
or ambiguous issues are all about "processing model".