Re: Action item on the virtues of error-handling

From: Walden Mathews <waldenm@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:22:34 -0400
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, 'Dan Connolly' <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

: It seems clear to me the intent.  Perhaps the spec could have been written
: bit better:
: "whose generic identifier is not declared is mapped" -> "whose generic
: identifier is not declared must be mapped".
:
: I believe that "is" statements are the equivalent of must.

The presence of the language: "the installed base of HTML user agents"
makes the "must" interpretation infeasible.  Would the spec be requiring
something of an "installed base"?

Walden