Re: Review of Rembrance-Day webarch draft

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:43:53 -0800
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>

On Nov 28, 2003, at 1:33 PM, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:

Only missed change that's worth making a fuss about is:

>> 4.3 Extensibility
>>
>> on "Must-understand", is "stops processing" the only response to an
>> error, shouldn't there be some reporting too?
>
> (We didn't discuss this at the ftf meeting.)

My recollection is we did, but very briefly, I said "there's obviously
something missing here" and people said "yeah, fix that"; in fact I
believe the wording we agreed on is along the lines of "Must-understand
means that markup from an unrecognized namespace is treated as an error
condition."

Cheers, Tim Bray  http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/