RE: Draft TAG finding available: Client handling of MIME headers

I see. But unless I miss something, *currently* Apache/moddavs behaviour (to
ignore MIME headers sent by the client) is not only the default, but also
there's really no way to switch that off. This is what I'm concerned with
(not the overall design, but the actual implementation).

> > Could you please elaborate? In this case, what would be the expected
> > behaviour when I PUT with a content type unknown to the server? Reject
> > it?
>
> That would depend on how you configured the server.  The finding is in
> regards to the interpretation of individual messages and the contents
> of those messages.  If you don't like what the configuration says, then
> change the configuration.

But again that leaves us with possibly misbehaving servers (because they can
be misconfigured), although the clients do indeed supply correct
information. Isn't this contrary to the goals of the draft finding?

Julian