RE: abstractComponentRefs-37 & RDDL

From: Mark Baker <mbaker@idokorro.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:29:05 -0500
To: "WWW-Tag" <www-tag@w3.org>

> Basically, they want to point to a structure inside an WSDL instance,
> and they want to use an XPointer-type thing to do.

I wonder if the use of fragment ids is a requirement, or just an assumed
form
of solution?  I've found that if something's worth identifying, it's
worth
identifying without a fragment id.

My approach would be to treat this as a compound document serialization
problem, and use rdf:about to identify the consituent documents within
the
compound document (the WSDL file).  Using the stockquote example from
the
WSDL 1.1 spec, if I wanted to address the "GetLastTradePrice" operation,
I'd
just do this;

  <operation name="GetLastTradePrice"
rdf:about="http://example.com/stockquote/operation/GetLastTradePrice">
     <input message="tns:GetLastTradePriceInput"/>
     <output message="tns:GetLastTradePriceOutput"/>
  </operation>

Then references to that operation could use that URI.

I haven't used this approach (as I don't use WSDL), but I don't think
there
are any RDF/WSDL integration "gotchas" with it.  I could be wrong
though.

MB