URIEquivalence-15, IRIEverywhere-27

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:29:43 -0800
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

Please note minutes from the recent IETF meeting on URIs
with respect to two TAG issues:

The latest URI draft
contains text originally contributed by Tim Bray on
URI Equivalence. I think that it is preferable to
complete the update of RFC 2396 in a way that is
agreeable and then reference that. As usual, attention
to the issues on the issue list
in email to mailto:uri@w3.org would be most helpful.

Some progress is being made on completing the IRI
document, but it could use more focus. It was requested
that a separate mailing list, solely focused on IRIs,
be created, and a separate issue list for IRIs be
created to aid in tracking. I imagine some administrative
help in getting this done and managing the process
would expedite.

Again, getting a single RFC for which there
is community consensus completed and published
seems like the best way of proceeding.
Please help by giving attention to the
open IRI issues.