Re: IRIs [was: [Minutes] 17 Mar 2003 TAG teleconf...]

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, 2:23:37 PM, Dan wrote:

DC> On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 04:10, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>> [...]

>>  I urge the TAG to quickly agree a
>> form of words suitable for these three specs to include, and the
>> Director to allow them to go forward using those words.

DC> What's the urgency?

Sigh.

DC> Either the TAG provides input in time to be useful for these
DC> specs, or it doesn't, right? i.e. the TAG isn't critical path for
DC> these specs somehow, is it?

Yes, Dan, it is; especially when they have made changes to their specs
based on their best effort guess as to which way we and the director
would jump.

>> If we get it wrong, it won't be a catastrophe, and we'll fix it later
>> that's what we agreed back in San Jose, and I still believe it's the
>> right strategy.
>>
>> ht

Yes. Which does not rule out making the specs as close as possible to
where we think they will ultimately end up.