W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > June 2003

[Agenda] 30 June 2003 TAG teleconf (Findings next steps, issues walkthrough)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 16:32:30 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1056659549.17250.234.camel@seabright>

Hello,

The agenda for the 30 June 2003 TAG teleconference
is available as HTML [1] and as text below.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/30-tag.html

==================================================

                  Agenda for 30 June 2003 TAG teleconference

   Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of
   business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (15min)

    1. Confirm Chair (SW), Scribe (IJ). Regrets: DO, PC. Possible
       regrets: NW, RF
    2. Accept minutes of [7]30 Jun teleconference?
    3. Accept this [8]agenda?
    4. Next meeting: 7 July?
    5. Next meeting with Voice WG?
    6. Proposed three-week summer break: No meeting 18 Aug, 25 Aug, 1 Sep

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/23-tag-summary.html
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/30-tag.html

2. Technical (75 mins)

  2.1 Architecture document (10 minutes)

   Update on [9]26 June 2003 Editor's Draft of Arch Doc and whether IJ
   will request/has requested to publish (or has already). If not, next
   steps?
    1. Action RF 2003/06/02: Rewrite section 5. Section 5 is expected to
       be short.
    2. Action DO 2003/06/02: Write up a couple of paragraphs on
       extensibility for section 4.
    3. Action IJ 2003/06/16: Attempt to incorporate relevant bits of
       "[10]Conversations and State" into section to be produced by RF.
    4. Action PC 2003/06/16: Send second draft of AC announcement
       regarding TAG's last call expectations/thoughts and relation to AC
       meeting feedback.

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/webarch-20030626.html
     [10] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Conversations

  2.2 Findings (20 mins)

   See also: [11]findings.

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings

   Next steps on these findings:
     * [12]Client handling of MIME headers; see [13]summary of comments.
         1. Action SW 2003/06/23: Talk to Voice Browser WG about proposed
            text, then bring back to TAG.
         2. Completed action IJ 2003/06/16: Add to draft finding
            discussion about servers not guessing header information
            (e.g., charset). Completed in 25 June draft of finding.
         3. Completed aaction IJ 2003/06/23: Revise finding based on
            discussion of 23 June TAG teleconf. ([14]Done)
         4. Next steps for this finding?
     * [15]How should the problem of identifying ID semantics in XML
       languages be addressed in the absence of a DTD?

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0099.html
     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0071.html
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDSemantics-32.html

   The TAG does not expect to discuss the following at this meeting:
     * [16]URIs, Addressability, and the use of HTTP GET and POST; see
       [17]summary of comments. See also [18]comments from Larry
       Masinter.
          + [19]whenToUseGet-7
               o Next step for [20]revised draft finding?
               o Action IJ 2003/06/23: Incorporate a sentence about scope
                 based on LM comments.
     * Action CL 2003/06/02: Make available a draft finding on
       content/presentation.
     * Action SW 2003/06/02: Continue work on and make available a draft
       finding related to the opacity of URIs.
     * Action IJ 2003/06/09: Turn [21]TB apple story into a finding.

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/whenToUseGet-20030509.html
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0099.html
     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0104.html
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#whenToUseGet-7
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/get7-20020610.html
     [21] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/04/30/AppleWA

  2.3 Issues the TAG intends to discuss (45 mins)

   The TAG expects to do a walk-through of the open and pending
   [22]issues in order to determine:
    1. Is this issue nearly closed?
    2. Do we want to close this issue before going to last call?
    3. Do we want to discuss this issue at the face-to-face meeting?

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html

     * [23]URIEquivalence-15
          + SW proposal: Track RFC2396bis where [24]Tim Bray text has
            been integrated. Comment within the IETF process. Move this
            issue to pending state.
     * [25]HTTPSubstrate-16
          + Action RF 2003/02/06: Write a response to IESG asking whether
            the Web services example in the SOAP 1.2 primer is intended
            to be excluded from RFC 3205
          + See [26]message from Larry Masinter w.r.t. Web services.
     * [27]errorHandling-20
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Write a draft finding on the topic of
            (1) early/late detection of errors (2) late/early binding (3)
            robustness (4) definition of errors (5) recovery once error
            has been signaled. Due first week of March.
     * [28]xlinkScope-23
          + Status report?
          + See [29]draft, and [30]SW message to CG chairs.
     * [31]contentTypeOverride-24
          + Next step on finding "[32]Client handling of MIME headers"
          + [33]Speech Recognition Grammar Specification Version 1.0,
            section [34]2.2.2 External Reference by URI
          + Completed action TB 2003/06/23: Ask www-tag for info about
            security whole related to contentTypeOverride.
          + Completed action IJ 2003/06/23: Update finding based on
            comments from 16, 23 June teleconfs. ([35]done)
     * [36]contentPresentation-26
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Create a draft finding in this space.
            Due 3 March.
     * [37]IRIEverywhere-27
          + Action CL 2003/04/07: Revised position statement on use of
            IRIs. CL says to expect this by 21 April.
          + Action TBL 2003/04/28: Explain how existing specifications
            that handle IRIs are inconsistent. [38]TBL draft not yet
            available on www-tag.
          + See TB's[39]proposed step forward on IRI 27.
     * [40]fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML.
         1. Connection to content negotiation?
         2. Connection to opacity of URIs?
         3. No actions associated / no owner.
     * [41]binaryXML-30
          + Action TB 2003/02/17: Write to www-tag with his thoughts on
            adding to survey.
          + Next steps to finding? See [42]summary from Chris.
     * [43]metadataInURI-31
          + Action SW 2003/02/06: Draft finding for this one. See [44]SW
            proposal
          + See also [45]TB email on Apple Music Store and use of URI
            schemes instead of headers
     * [46]xmlIDSemantics-32
          + See [47]Chris Lilley draft finding.
            Action NW 2003/05/05: Point Core WG to CL finding once made
            public.
     * [48]mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     * [49]xmlFunctions-34
          + Action TBL 2003/02/06: State the issue with a reference to
            XML Core work. See [50]email from TimBL capturing some of the
            issues.
     * [51]RDFinXHTML-35
     * [52]siteData-36
          + Action TBL 2003/02/24 : Summarize siteData-36
     * [53]abstractComponentRefs-37
          + See [54]issue description from David Orchard. Next steps?
          + Action DO 2003/06/23: Point Jonathan Marsh at options. Ask
            them for their analysis.
     * [55]putMediaType-38

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [24] http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#HTTPSubstrate-16
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0208.html
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#errorHandling-20
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#xlinkScope-23
     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0094.html
     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0104
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
     [33] http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-grammar/
     [34] http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-grammar/#S2.2.2
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect-20030625
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0074.html
     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0090.html
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#binaryXML-30
     [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0224.html
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003May/0050.html
     [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0151.html
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlIDSemantics-32
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDSemantics-32.html
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlFunctions-34
     [50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0309.html
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#RDFinXHTML-35
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#siteData-36
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/24-tag-summary.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [54] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0089.html
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#putMediaType-38

  2.4 New issues?

   The TAG does not expect to discuss new issues at this meeting.
    1. [56]Summary from Stuart

     [56] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jun/0055.html

  2.5 Issues that have associated action items

     * [57]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Propose TAG response to XML Schema
            desideratum ([58]RQ-23).
     * [59]namespaceDocument-8
          + Action TB 2003/04/07: Prepare RDDL Note. Include in status
            section that there is TAG consensus that RDDL is a suitable
            format for representations of an XML namespace. Clean up
            messy section 4 of RDDL draft and investigate and publish a
            canonical mapping to RDF. See TB's [60]1 June version.
          + Action PC 2003/04/07: Prepare finding to answer this issue,
            pointing to the RDDL Note. See [61]comments from Paul
            regarding TB theses.
          + Refer to draft TAG [62]opinion from Tim Brayon the use of
            URNs for namespace names.
               o RF: Folks assume that because the specs say so, URNs
                 will be persisitent. But persistence is a function of
                 institutional commitment and frequency of use.
     * [63]uriMediaType-9
          + IANA appears to have responded to the spirit of this draft
            (see [64]email from Chris Lilley).What's required to close
            this issue?
          + Action CL 2003/05/05: Propose CL's three changes to
            registration process to Ned Freed. [What forum?]

     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [58] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-11-req-20030121/#N400183
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#namespaceDocument-8
     [60] http://www.tbray.org/tag/rddl/rddl3.html
     [61] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0046.html
     [62] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0003.html
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#uriMediaType-9
     [64] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0302.html

3. Other actions

     * Action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that
       actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. IJ and PLH making
       substantial progress on this; hope to have something to show in
       May.

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2003/06/26 20:31:11 $

-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
Received on Thursday, 26 June 2003 16:32:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:17 GMT