W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > June 2003

[Agenda] 23 Jun 2003 TAG teleconf (Arch Doc, Findings next steps, Issues walk-through)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 16:15:12 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1055880887.2578.228.camel@seabright>

Hello,

The agenda of the TAG's 23 June 2003 teleconf is available
as HTML [1] and as text below.

Note: I am expecting to produce a new Editor's Draft of the
Arch Document at the end of this week. If done, that will
be the draft discussed at the 23 June teleconf.

Thank you,

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/23-tag

==========================================================

                  Agenda for 23 June 2003 TAG teleconference

1. Administrative (15min)

    1. Confirm Chair (SW), Scribe (IJ).
    2. Accept minutes of 16 Jun teleconference [7]?
    3. Accept this [8]agenda?
    4. Next meeting: 30 June?
    5. Summer meeting planning; see [9]request from Stuart

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/16-tag-summary.html
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/23-tag.html
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jun/0048.html

2. Technical (75 mins)

  2.1 Architecture document (20 minutes)

   The Editor expects to have an update of the [10]16 June 2003 Editor's
   Draft of the Arch Doc available before the 23 June 2003
   teleconference. The TAG will discuss whether there are any
   showstoppers in the new draft. If not, the TAG's expectation is to
   request that it be published (after possible modifications) on the TR
   page.
    1. Action RF 2003/06/02: Rewrite section 5. Section 5 is expected to
       be short.
    2. Action CL 2003/06/02: Make available a draft finding on
       content/presentation.
    3. Action DO 2003/06/02: Update [11]description of [12]issue
       abstractComponentRefs-37
    4. Action SW 2003/06/02: Continue work on and make available a draft
       finding related to the opacity of URIs.
    5. Action DO 2003/06/02: Write up a couple of paragraphs on
       extensibility for section 4.
    6. Action IJ 2003/06/16: Attempt to incorporate relevant bits of
       "[13]Conversations and State" into section to be produced by RF.
    7. Action PC 2003/06/16: Send second draft of AC announcement
       regarding TAG's last call expectations/thoughts and relation to AC
       meeting feedback.

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/webarch-20030616
     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0089.html
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/24-tag-summary.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [13] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Conversations

  2.2 Findings (25 mins)

   See also: [14]findings.

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings

   Next steps for draft findings:
     * [15]Client handling of MIME headers; see [16]summary of comments.
       Action SW 2003/06/16: Ping Voice Browser WG on status of their
       discussions on this topic.
       Action IJ 2003/06/16: Add to draft finding discussion about
       servers not guessing header information (e.g., charset).
     * [17]URIs, Addressability, and the use of HTTP GET and POST; see
       [18]summary of comments. See also [19]comments from Larry
       Masinter.
     * [20]How should the problem of identifying ID semantics in XML
       languages be addressed in the absence of a DTD?

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0099.html
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/whenToUseGet-20030509.html
     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0099.html
     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003May/0104.html
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDSemantics-32.html

   Action IJ 2003/06/09: Turn [21]TB apple story into a finding.

     [21] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/04/30/AppleWA

  2.3 Issues the TAG intends to discuss (20 mins)

   The TAG expects to do a walk-through of the open and pending
   [22]issues in order to determine:
     * Which ones we are near closing
     * Which ones we can commit to close w.r.t. last call of the arch doc

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html

   Then, we expect to work on issues we think we are near closing.

  2.4 New issues? (10 mins)

    1. [23]Summary from Stuart
    2. Completed action IJ 2003/06/16: Add issue [24]putMediaType-38 to
       issues list.

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jun/0055.html
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#putMediaType-38

  2.5 Issues that have associated action items

     * [25]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Propose TAG response to XML Schema
            desideratum ([26]RQ-23).
     * [27]whenToUseGet-7
          + Next step for [28]revised draft finding?
     * [29]namespaceDocument-8
          + Action TB 2003/04/07: Prepare RDDL Note. Include in status
            section that there is TAG consensus that RDDL is a suitable
            format for representations of an XML namespace. Clean up
            messy section 4 of RDDL draft and investigate and publish a
            canonical mapping to RDF. See TB's [30]1 June version.
          + Action PC 2003/04/07: Prepare finding to answer this issue,
            pointing to the RDDL Note. See [31]comments from Paul
            regarding TB theses.
          + Refer to draft TAG [32]opinion from Tim Brayon the use of
            URNs for namespace names.
               o RF: Folks assume that because the specs say so, URNs
                 will be persisitent. But persistence is a function of
                 institutional commitment and frequency of use.
     * [33]uriMediaType-9
          + IANA appears to have responded to the spirit of this draft
            (see [34]email from Chris Lilley).What's required to close
            this issue?
          + Action CL 2003/05/05: Propose CL's three changes to
            registration process to Ned Freed. [What forum?]
     * [35]URIEquivalence-15
          + SW proposal: Track RFC2396bis where [36]Tim Bray text has
            been integrated. Comment within the IETF process. Move this
            issue to pending state.
     * [37]HTTPSubstrate-16
          + Action RF 2003/02/06: Write a response to IESG asking whether
            the Web services example in the SOAP 1.2 primer is intended
            to be excluded from RFC 3205
          + See [38]message from Larry Masinter w.r.t. Web services.
     * [39]errorHandling-20
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Write a draft finding on the topic of
            (1) early/late detection of errors (2) late/early binding (3)
            robustness (4) definition of errors (5) recovery once error
            has been signaled. Due first week of March.
     * [40]xlinkScope-23
          + Status report?
          + See [41]draft, and [42]SW message to CG chairs.
     * [43]contentTypeOverride-24
          + Next step on finding "[44]Client handling of MIME headers"
          + [45]Speech Recognition Grammar Specification Version 1.0,
            section [46]2.2.2 External Reference by URI
     * [47]contentPresentation-26
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Create a draft finding in this space.
            Due 3 March.
     * [48]IRIEverywhere-27
          + Action CL 2003/04/07: Revised position statement on use of
            IRIs. CL says to expect this by 21 April.
          + Action TBL 2003/04/28: Explain how existing specifications
            that handle IRIs are inconsistent. [49]TBL draft not yet
            available on www-tag.
          + See TB's[50]proposed step forward on IRI 27.
     * [51]fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML.
         1. Connection to content negotiation?
         2. Connection to opacity of URIs?
         3. No actions associated / no owner.
     * [52]binaryXML-30
          + Action TB 2003/02/17: Write to www-tag with his thoughts on
            adding to survey.
          + Next steps to finding? See [53]summary from Chris.
     * [54]metadataInURI-31
          + Action SW 2003/02/06: Draft finding for this one. See [55]SW
            proposal
          + See also [56]TB email on Apple Music Store and use of URI
            schemes instead of headers
     * [57]xmlIDSemantics-32
          + See [58]Chris Lilley draft finding.
            Action NW 2003/05/05: Point Core WG to CL finding once made
            public.
     * [59]xmlFunctions-34
          + Action TBL 2003/02/06: State the issue with a reference to
            XML Core work. See [60]email from TimBL capturing some of the
            issues.
     * [61]siteData-36
          + Action TBL 2003/02/24 : Summarize siteData-36
     * [62]abstractComponentRefs-37
          + See [63]issue description from David Orchard. Next steps?

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-11-req-20030121/#N400183
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#whenToUseGet-7
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/get7-20020610.html
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#namespaceDocument-8
     [30] http://www.tbray.org/tag/rddl/rddl3.html
     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0046.html
     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jun/0003.html
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#uriMediaType-9
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0302.html
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [36] http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#HTTPSubstrate-16
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0208.html
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#errorHandling-20
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#xlinkScope-23
     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0094.html
     [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0104
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect.html
     [45] http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-grammar/
     [46] http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-grammar/#S2.2.2
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27
     [49] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0074.html
     [50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0090.html
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#binaryXML-30
     [53] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0224.html
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [55] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003May/0050.html
     [56] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0151.html
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlIDSemantics-32
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDSemantics-32.html
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlFunctions-34
     [60] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0309.html
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#siteData-36
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/24-tag-summary.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [63] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0089.html

3. Other actions

     * Action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that
       actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. IJ and PLH making
       substantial progress on this; hope to have something to show in
       May.

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2003/06/17 20:09:55 $




-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
Received on Tuesday, 17 June 2003 16:15:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:17 GMT