Re: just what is IDness? [was: Draft TAG finding available: xmlIDSemantics-32]

Paul Grosso wrote:

> I would assume the best answer appeals to the Infoset.
> Something like:  IDness of an attribute means that
> that attribute's Attribute Information Item in the
> document's infoset has an [attribute type] property
> that has the value "ID".
>
> If that isn't your definition of IDness (and even if
> it is), I think this document needs to expand on the
> meaning of IDness.

I strongly agree with Paul Grosso that the infoset is the appropriate
place for the IDness to be expressed. Various specs that want to write
"IDness" can express it as infoset contributions. There doesn't need to
be a central list of every possible way to influence IDness.

  Paul Prescod