Re: xmlIDsemantics reference to xsi:type

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:55:40 +0200
To: "Glenn A. Adams" <glenn@xfsi.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Glenn A. Adams wrote:
> In the Discussion section of [1], appears:
>
> "creative use of xsi:type in the instance..."
>
> However, this use is not discussed elsewhere in the document.
> Suggest elaborating on the use rather than force reader to
> guess.
>
> G.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDsemantics-32.html

It's unclear to me what creative uses of xsi:type could do here. Last I checked
xsi:type couldn't give types (such as xsd:ID) to attributes. It could give an
element a type that itself has an attribute of type xsd:ID, but I fail to see
how that would alleviate using a schema, since the type would have to be known
somewhat. Am I missing something?

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/