Re: New issue? Character model conformance

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 23:41:56 -0700
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

> It has been pointed out that it is inappropriate for a technical
> specification to make procedural requirements on working groups as that
> above.  However, what would be appropriate would be for the TAG to find
> and to include in the architecture document that the character model be
> used.

But the TAG charter explicitly acknowledges that some
working groups produce architectural recommendations.

In http://www.w3.org/2001/07/19-tag the sentence

"W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative and Internationalization
 Activity are already producing Architectural Recommendations
 in the areas of accessibility and internationalization,
 respectively."

was written with the W3C Character Model specifically in mind.

I think it's fine for the TAG's own Architecture document
to point to charmod, but I don't think that charmod's
text is inappropriate.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net