Re: resources and URIs

In current usage, "portray" and "represent" are synonyms.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=portray
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=represent

Going back, to language roots:

Portray = drag forth
Represent = exist in-front-of (again)
Express = squeeze out
Message = that which is sent
Resource = that which rises (again)
Inform = fashion

It seems fair to say that representations are expressions of resources.

To say that something "gives information" implies that it informs, which
is only true if something (you?) changes shape as the result.

I don't get "representation is expression of message". I'd say it *is*
the message, esp. if it has to be sent to appear before you.

Anyway, there's another model.  Arguably an older one.

Walden
"Armchair Etymologist"