Re: New issue - Meaning of URIs in RDF documents

Graham Klyne wrote:

> At 11:41 28/07/03 -0400, Jonathan Borden wrote:
> >In the context of the media type "application/rdf+xml" the returned
> >representation is to be interpreted as RDF
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Social
>
> Datum:  this section has been pulled in response to last-call comments.
>
> cf.  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-14

I see. OWL references RDF Concepts in regard to the application/rdf+xml
media type -- which is the anchor I was looking for. I see that
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-fragID also discusses the fashion
in which a URI ref is to be interpreted by an RDF application given the
above media type. This seems to be a much better description and summarizes:
"This provides a handling of URI references and their denotation that is
consistent with the RDF model theory and usage, and also with conventional
Web behavior." Another indication that the conventional and semantic Web's
can interoperate.

Hopefully this section will remain :-)

Jonathan