-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Klyne [mailto:GK@ninebynine.org]

Getting out of my depth, but...  does this have any relationship to the
work that Dana Scott did back in the 1970s on lattices and a theory of
computation, which in turn provided some basis for denotational semantics
of programming languages?  I recall that the notions of approximation and
monotonicity came into that work, with some reference to functions being
ordered according to some notion of "accuracy".

#g
--

At 09:45 22/07/03 -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>You could research John Sowa's lattice theory for
>more precise language to describe this notion.
>
>Apologies but Google returns far too much material
>to provide a precise URI to start the research
>if you aren't already acquainted with it.  And
>that tells us something about URIs and precise
>identification. :-)
>
>len

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>