Re: resources and URIs

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:17:30 -0500
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>

>I think it is reasonable to say that, if the Web architecture document
>is to embody all of the SW and WSA activities, the Introduction
>and most of the document will have to be rewritten.  It is also
>reasonable to say that we haven't gotten that far yet, nor do we
>intend to until after this version is released.

Ok, fair enough: but could y'all at least try to *not* say things
that will cause actual harm? For example, just avoiding the phrase
"the resource of the URI" might be a great help, and instead using
some phrase which is less likely to be understood as meaning 'the
resource referred to by the URI'.

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell