RE: [metaDataInURI-31]: Initial draft finding for public review/ comme nt.

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:31:20 +0100
To: "'Norman Walsh'" <Norman.Walsh@sun.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

<snip/>
> | But before you can even broach that you have to decide on whether URIs
> | should
> | be opaque or not. That is where consensus must first be guaged.
>
> Handed a random URI about which you know nothing, my position
> is that it is opaque and you've got no business peeking
> inside it trying to guess stuff.

So I can agree with that.

No guessing... at most I'd only want to know what the relevant authoritative
spec(s) (preferably a standards) allowed me to know.

In terms of knowing nothing... does that means not knowing RFC2396? Not
knowing the particular scheme in question?

What if I do know 2396(bis) and the scheme in question?

Cheers,

Stuart