Re: Some comments on 27 June 2003 Web Arch WD

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:35:52 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 04:26:05PM -0700, David Orchard wrote:
> 3.3.3
> "The simplest way to achieve this is for the namespace name to be an HTTP
> URI which may be dereferenced to access this material. The resource
> identified by such a URI is called a "namespace document."  ->
> "The simplest way to achieve this is to provide a resource, called a
> "namespace document", that is identified by a dereferencable URI."

Since you brought up that bit, I thought I'd just add that it should
have said "is called a 'namespace'" (or "XML namespace"), rather than
"namespace document", per the XML Namespaces Rec.

"[Definition:] An XML namespace is a collection of names, identified by
a URI reference [RFC2396][...]"
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xml-names-19990114/Overview.html

Mark.