Re: Invalid JAR URIs

At 12:50 AM +0200 7/4/03, Chris Lilley wrote:

>I agree http would do as well since that is actualy the protocol used.
>jar: would fall into the itunes trap.

I don't think it's guaranteed that http is the protocol used, though.
They can equally well use file, ftp, or other protocols. Certainly
it's not uncommon to load a jar from the file system. However, I
don't see anything that would prevent a fragment identifier syntax
from working with URLs for these other protocols as well.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu