Re: When to use HTTP

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:07:28 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:35:27PM -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> Er... that's not the position I was describing; it's quite the
> opposite, in fact.

Ah, gotcha.  I thought it odd that you'd say this after pointing out
the IETF position.  But even after re-reading the context of that
statement, I still find it unclear.  Perhaps that's just me.

> GET/PUT/POST works on lots of stuff besides hypertext.

Or maybe it's that lots of stuff works as hypertext. 8-)

I'm glad we're in synch.  Sorry for the distraction.