RE: Temporally extended sessions

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <clbullar@ingr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:10:10 -0600
To: "'Tim Bray'" <tbray@textuality.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Depends on the teller.  Some representations are better than others.
RFC 2396 should be rewritten to be a syntax-only specification.

From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray@textuality.com]

Indeed, I regularly access my bank account through a web browser, with
all sorts of session semantics - get account balances, pay bills,
transfer funds, etc...  At one level I'm horrified by the kludginess of
the techniques the server uses to fake session context, but hey, it
beats standing in line in front of a teller. -Tim