Re: argument from authority considered pointless

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <gtn@rbii.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:41:36 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 06:18 pm, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Thanks Roy.  I appreciate the response.  Maybe Sandro should answer this
> because I think the problem is the formalism requires the application
> to perform an action (identification) with the URI and that KR assumes
> a one to one mapping of name to identified object, not a potential n-set:

This is likely a significant part of the problem... but I would argue that
this is more a problem with KR than names (despite being generally sympathic
to the issue).

Getting back to David's post... it seems like the whole reason for RDF and
SemWeb is to establish a context in which names can unambiguously be
interpreted.