Re: argument from authority considered pointless

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:51:56 -0800
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>

> Ok, put the challenge back in the other
> court.  Roy, if the credential for discussing
> the issue is knowledge of or creation of libWWW,
> present the code in libWWW that declares and
> defines a "resource".

What was being discussed is whether the Web architecture is or is
not specific to HTTP.  The answer was that it is not, as evident in
the libwww and libwww-perl.  End of topic.  We already established
that 2396 defines resource and what that means for URIs, and any
further discussion of that issue in this forum has been deferred.

....Roy