Re: Options for dealing with IDs

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:41:53 +0100
To: <robin.berjon@expway.fr>, "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>

From: "Robin Berjon" <robin.berjon@expway.fr>

> What happens when a DTD declares attribute "name" to be of type ID and
> it occurs
> on the same element as xml:id with a different id, in a validated
document?

I have never understood this restriction in XML. I understand the problem of
having two elements with the same name, but not of having two names on one
element.

Can anyone explain to me what breaks when an element has two (different)
names? Why does XML prevent you from having more than one attribute of type
ID on an element?

Steven Pemberton