Re: On subsetting XML...

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:14:09 -0800
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@sun.com>, www-tag@w3.org

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> This is where I don't think the story is so simple.
> Viewed "looking up" from the XML level, there are (at
> least) two levels of "application" sharing the SOAP
> envelope: (1) the SOAP processing model which in turn
> defers interpretation of certain subtrees such as the
> body to (2) an application of SOAP.  So, one question
> is

The answer is to write one of the two following sentences to the SOAP spec:

(a) SOAP processors do not act on the content of PIs and may remove them
from messages that they process.
(b) SOAP processors do not act on the content of PIs and must remove
them from messages that they process.

Problem solved. -Tim