Re: RDDL proposal from Sandro Hawke

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 14:53:12 -0800
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Let's just use the existing "rel" and "type" attributes on a-href
> elements.

This is elegantly simple and minimal, but has one shortcoming: there's
no obvious way to determine which href= is that of the purpose and which
is that of the nature.  I.e. I want to fetch a RDDL and say "find me a
related resource which is an XML Schema and is appropriate for run-time
validation"  What's the solution to that?  Do we have to have just one
reserved attribute? -Tim