Re: OpenURL, still active?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:55:45 -0600
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, Mark Needleman <mneedlem@dra.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 11:48, Tim Bray wrote:
> I saw an RFP the other day talking about the "OpenURL" protocol, which
> I'd never heard of; I looked it up at
> http://library.caltech.edu/openurl/ and it seems to be a standard for
> how to pack a whole bunch of bibliographic selectors into the query part
> of a URI, which sounds sensible to me.  There don't seem to be any
> updates since January 2002, is this one still alive? -Tim

yes.

I can't seem to find time to launch this URI CG, but...

"OpenURL
        OpenURL is an effort by NISO ((US) National Information
        Standards Organization) to develop a standardized format for
        transporting metadata in a URL.

        Mark Needleman represents OpenURL in the URI CG."

http://www.w3.org/2001/12/URI/charter

Also:

  The OpenURL Standard: A Progress Report
  Tony Hammond, Herbert Van de Sompel, and Eric Van de Velde
  http://www.cni.org/tfms/2002b.fall/schedule.html

  <- http://www.w3.org/2002/12dc-sat/trip