W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > February 2003

[Agenda] 24 Feb 2003 TAG teleconf (deepLinking-25, namespaceDocument-8, xmlFunctions-34, binaryXML-30, contentPresentation-26)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 17:23:39 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1045693419.12329.132.camel@seabright>

Hello,

The 24 Feb 2003 TAG agenda is available as HTML [1]
and as text below.

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/02/24-tag

=======================================================

                   Agenda for 24 Feb 2003 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details  [5]issues list  [6]www-tag
   archive

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#remote
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist
      [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

   Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of
   business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (20min)

    1. Confirm Chair (NW) and Scribe ??. Regrets: IJ
    2. Accept [7]17 Feb telecon minutes?
    3. Accept this [8]agenda?
    4. Next meeting: 10 Feb. 3 Feb cancelled at 17 Feb teleconf.

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2003/02/17-tag-summary.html
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2003/02/24-tag.html

  1.1 Meeting planning

     * Proposed 22, 23, 24 May (2003/02/17)
       Completed action IJ: Start email thread to TAG to suggest
       alternate May dates of 22 (All day), 23 (Morning), 24 (Morning).
       DO, TB, PC, NW, IJ can meet those days. CL not sure yet.
     * Proposed 14-15 Nov Japan
       Action IJ: Start separate thread on tag to try to get confirmation
       of 14-15 November in Japan. TB, PC, DO, NW, IJ, CL can meet those
       days.
     * If confirmed, IJ to ask Member calendar to be updated.

  1.2 Technical Plenary presentations

     * SW: TAG overview
     * DC: Arch Doc overview
     * CL: xmlIDSemantics-32
     * NW: xmlProfiles-29
     * PC: namespaceDocument-8

  1.3 Mailing list management

     * Action SW: Send draft mailing list policy to tag@w3.org. (See
       [9]preliminary announcement)

      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0196.html

  1.4 Other stuff

     * Action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that
       actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. IJ is working with
       PLH on this.

2. Technical (70min)

  2.1 New issues?

     * Site metadata hook? See [10]email from TBL

     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0093.html

  2.2 Issues

     * [11]deepLinking-25
          + Action TB 2003/02/06: Send URI equiv draft finding to
            uri@w3.org.
          + Action IJ: Announce to www-tag with updated status section to
            highlight that this does not represent a W3C position. Ask
            for comments within seven days. ([12]Done)
     * [13]namespaceDocument-8
          + Next steps on [14]RDDL Proposal from Tim Bray/Paul Cotton
     * [15]xmlFunctions-34
          + Action TBL 2003/02/06: State the issue with a reference to
            XML Core work. Deadline 17 Feb.
     * [16]binaryXML-30
          + Action TB 2003/02/17: Write to www-tag with his thoughts on
            adding to survey.
          + Next steps to finding? See [17]summary from Chris.
     * [18]contentPresentation-26
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Create a draft finding in this space.
            Deadline 3 March.

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#deepLinking-25
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0227.html
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#namespaceDocument-8
     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0213
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlFunctions-34
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#binaryXML-30
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0224.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26

  2.3 Other issues

   The TAG is likely to review action items associated with these issues.
     * [19]URIEquivalence-15
          + Action TB: Revised [20]draft finding on URI equivalence
            bearing in mind DC presentation (slides) at ftf meeting.
            Deadline: 1 March. See also [21]email from Larry Masinter on
            xml namespaces.
          + TBL 2003/01/20: Send email to uri@w3.org requesting
            terminology change (regarding definition of "URI").
     * [22]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Propose TAG response to XML Schema
            desideratum ([23]RQ-23). See input from Jonathan Marsh
            ([24]forwarded by Paul Cotton).
     * [25]uriMediaType-9
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Start discussion on
            discuss@apps.ietf.org, but not urgent
     * [26]RDFinXHTML-35
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Write up a crisp articulation of issue
            RDFINHTML-35. [DC says - don't expect results before May 2003
            meeting]
     * [27]HTTPSubstrate-16
          + Action RF 2003/02/06: Write a response to IESG asking whether
            the Web services example in the SOAP 1.2 primer is intended
            to be excluded from RFC 3205
          + See [28]message from Larry Masinter w.r.t. Web services.
     * [29]errorHandling-20
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Write a draft finding on the topic of
            (1) early/late detection of errors (2) late/early binding (3)
            robustness (4) definition of errors (5) recovery once error
            has been signaled. Deadline first week of March.
     * [30]IRIEverywhere-27
          + Action CL 2003/01/27: Send piece that CL/MD/IJ wrote to
            www-tag.
     * [31]metadataInURI-31
          + Action SW 2003/02/06: Draft finding for this one.
     * [32]fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML.
         1. Connection to content negotiation?
         2. Connection to opacity of URIs?
         3. No actions associated.
     * [33]contentTypeOverride-24
          + See [34]email from DC to Voice Browser WG. Does this resolve
            this issue?

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [20] http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-3.html
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0090.htm
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [23] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-11-req-20030121/#N400183
     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0207.html
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#uriMediaType-9
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#RDFinXHTML-35
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#HTTPSubstrate-16
     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0208.html
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#errorHandling-20
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0085.html

  2.4 Architecture document

   See also: [35]findings.
    1. [36]6 Feb 2003 Editor's Draft of Arch Doc:
         1. Next TR page draft?
         2. Action DC 2003/02/06: Attempt a redrafting of 1st para under
            2.2.4
         3. Action DC 2003/01/27: write two pages on correct and
            incorrect application of REST to an actual web page design
         4. Action DO2003/01/27: Please send writings regarding Web
            services to tag@w3.org. DO grants DC license to cut and paste
            and put into DC writing.
         5. Action CL 2003/0127: Draft language for arch doc that takes
            language from internet media type registration, propose for
            arch doc, include sentiment of TB's second sentence from
            CP10.
         6. Action TB 2003/01/27: Develop CP11 more: Avoid designing new
            protocols if you can accomplish what you want with HTTP. DC
            suggested describing GET/PUT/POST in a para each, then say
            "if your app looks like that, use HTTP". [37]Proposal from TB
            to withdraw the proposal.

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/webarch-20030206
     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0005

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Norm Walsh and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2003/02/19 00:37:17 $


-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
Received on Wednesday, 19 February 2003 17:24:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:16 GMT