RE: [xmlProfiles-29] TAG recommendation for work on subset of XML 1.1

From: Glenn A. Adams <glenn@xfsi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:51:19 -0500
To: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>, <www-tag@w3.org>
Cc: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>

In this context, there is no "fetching", since it is broadcast only.
If they happen to have a local copy, either unparsed or precompiled,
then they can optionally validate, but they must produce an error if
an internal declaration subset is present, since this is disallowed,
and it cannot be guaranteed that all devices could parse it.

G.