RE: site metadata discussion is overly voluminous

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <clbullar@ingr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:17:02 -0600
To: www-tag@w3.org

Then this is a good time for all interested
parties to summarize their positions in a
concise post per if there is no new information.
If the person who proposed the topic will then
summarize that, this will be easier for the
TAG members to digest.

I have no particular interest in this topic
at this time other than understanding what
is being proposed.

len

From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray@textuality.com]

This discussion has rapidly overrun my ability to keep up with it.  The
immediate question at hand is whether the TAG should accept this as an
issue.  I don't want to discourage free and open discussion of the
issues, but to be brutally realistic, the chance of having an impact is
pretty well in inverse proportion to the volume of verbiage.

Also, when I open an email and the quoted content fills the entire first
screen so that I can't start reading what the poster is saying, I
usually just delete the message right there.  Others may have different
approaches. -Tim