RE: Proposed issue: site metadata hook

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:58:54 +0100
To: "<Patrick.Stickler" <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo@agfa.com>, timbl@w3.org, www-tag@w3.org, www-tag-request@w3.org

[...]

> > > Jos, what if I have a URI <http://example.com/foo> and nothing
> > > more, and want to know what it means and want to ask the server
> > > http://example.com to tell me. How do I do that?
> > >
> > > That is what this thread is about. How to obtain a description of
> > > a resource when all one has is the URI denoting it and *nothing*
> > > else.
> >
> > Well, on the SW that would be a wrong premis
> > (so everything could come out) as you always
> > have at least some triples in which that URI
> > is used...
>
> Right, but that's the point. We're not "on" the SW yet. The discussion
> is about the interface between the Web and the Semantic Web and
> how the Web architecture should/must be extended to allow for
> obtaining knowledge from web authorities about resources having
> URIs grounded in that authority.
>
> Once you have that information, and are doing SW things with it,
> then the Web is out of scope.

Well Patrick, to the contrary!
That was the (erased) point with
  <uri-of-doc> log:semantics _:x
which comes with builtin GET of current Web uri-of-doc
and above triple is a piece of a formala which is
written on a document which is also on the actual Web.

I really fail to see ANY problem here...

-- ,