RE: Proposed issue: site metadata hook (slight variation)

Who has to wait?

How is the addition of MGET and friends any different from the additional
methods introduced by WebDAV?

Did folks have to wait on the core HTTP spec to change to deploy WebDAV
servers? No.

And folks will not have to wait on, nor require any changes to the core
HTTP spec in order to deploy Semantic Web Enabled servers and clients.

This is a layer on top of the Web. Not a fundamental change to the Web.

Rather, changing the semantics of GET, PUT, etc. to work properly with
Meta: so that one gets a description rather than representation is what
will require folks to wait an eternity for the next version of HTTP...

Patrick